Butternut Squash, Parsnip and Apple Soup
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 onion rough chopped
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 2 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups peeled, cored and sliced parsnips
- 2 peeled, cored and chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- ½ Tbs. curry powder
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- chopped chives for garnish
Sweat the onions in the olive avoiding and color on low heat. Add the garlic, squash, parsnips and apples and white wine and reduce slightly.
Add the stock and seasoning and cook till the squash is soft enough to puree. Do just that and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish each bowl of soup with chopped chives.